Membership of OpenUK is made up of individuals and companies who support the Aims and Objectives of our organisation. Our membership directory can be found here.
We offer two categories of member:
- Ordinary member (subscription)
- Associate member (free of charge)
Ordinary members have full participation with an annual membership fee. During our re-organization and re-brand, we are offering a discount to our regular membership fees and, to recognize the support of members during this transition, the title “Founder Member” status will be applied.
Regular price: £50 / year
- Founder Member discount price: £20/year (Only available during 2016)
- Qualification: Applicant must be an individual person
Regular price: £150 / year
- Founder Member discount price: £100/year (Only available during 2016)
- Qualification: Small & medium companies (OECD definition)
Regular price: £3500 / year
- Founder Member discount price: £2500 (Only available during 2016)
- Qualification: Large companies
- Also awarded to Ordinary members by member vote as a recognition of significant support of the organisation
Associate membership is free-of-charge however associate members cannot vote or join the Council. We ask associate members to include a button on their website (where possible) to indicate their support. Please consider joining as an ordinary member to help us finance our activities.
Ordinary Membership approval will be based on the member:
- Being transparent about their commercial offering with respect to licensing
- Adhering to our values and complying with our organizational governance
To join as an ordinary member please:
- Fill in the online form, agree to the OSC terms and conditions of membership and click “Submit application”.
- Either pay by cheque, made payable to “Open Source Consortium” and post to our registered office c/o Embecosm or indicate that you will be paying by BACS (The system automatically generates an invoice which contains our bank details).
The membership secretary will notify members of renewal.